Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Glass-Enclosed Revolving Doors

I hope no one was too disturbed by my grammar post--and I also hope I didn't scare you people away from making comments! I only check them once for grammar mistakes. Just kidding! I am also terrified that now people will start checking my blog for grammar mistakes. But it's my blog and I'm not making money off of it. So I can make grammar mistakes if I want to, right?

Anyway. Today I was walking into a store that had a revolving glass door. It was dark outside and there was a shady looking fellow standing a few feet in front of the door. I was trying to avoid eye contact with him and so walked quickly up to the side of the revolving door so I could get in the store.

BAM. I walked right into a glass barrier. Unbeknownst to me, the revolving door was shielded on the side with glass. I stepped back, trying not to be too embarrassed (even though I had just walked into a glass wall) and tried to find a way into the store. I walked in a small semi-circle around the door, but I couldn't seem to find a place where the glass opened! The revolving door was right inside but I couldn't figure out how to get in there. I checked the hours again, but it was still open. Weird.

Just when I was about to start feeling the glass to see if I could find an opening, the shady guy behind me spoke up and said, "It's right there in the middle there." I looked up and, sure enough, there was the elusive opening, right in the middle of a semi-circle of glass enclosure around the door. I mumbled a quick thanks and ran inside the store.

It was so awkward I stayed inside the store an extra 10 minutes so I could be sure the guy was gone when I came out!

5 comments:

  1. Yep, laughing some more. I love your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't breathe.......Laughing.......so........hard...! :D

    -Corban

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha!!!! Those doors. They get pretty high class in DC, huh? Kind of like how my OBGYN office has 4 floors, a cafe, a maternity store, a baby clothes boutique, a massage/spa clinic, AND revolving doors. And free valet parking. Weird stuff happens in big cities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. Not so high class. I just can't see. The food is terribly high priced, and there isn't even parking at all, let alone free! :) But sounds like an awesome OBGYN clinic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, I am glad I can provide so much entertainment. I still laugh about this story every time I think about it!

    ReplyDelete